I just read the casting line-up for upcoming Command and Conquer 3. Quite a bunch:
- Joseph D. Kuncan: He's always played Kane, he IS Kane.
- Billy Dee Williams: Yeah, Lando from Star Wars.
- Michael Ironside: You might not recognise his name, but chances are he's been in a movie you've seen. I remember him most in Top Gun and for his role as the incompetent bad guy in Total Recall (well he was up against Arnold Schwarzenegger).
- Tricia Helfer: Number Six from Battlestar Galactica. She seems to be filling the part of the blonde evil woman that the previous C&C games have had. My money is on her being asked to put on an 'evil' accent, perhaps Russian, German or even perhaps Middle Eastern (as in movies Russians are KGB spies/or torturers, Germans are Nazis and people from the Middle East are terrorists).
- Grace Park: Sharon from Battlestar Galactica.
- Josh Holloway: Lost's Sawyer.
There are some very talented actors there, but I bet that the acting comes out all hammy for two reasons. Firstly, this isn't a Hollywood production, and secondly as a rule C&C games must have hammy cut-scenes.
I'm still sceptical about the game as a whole as the series really went down hill after Tiberian Sun, and has become another EA franchise. Yeah I'm one of those many people who have a distinct dislike for all things EA. The game looks like the latest graphical revision of a stale genre. My money is on Supreme Commander, but I won't pass judgement until I've at least played a demo of it.